Discover CanaQuest Medical Corp, the company creating medical cannabis formulations with significant potential applications in the treatment of anxiety, addiction, depression, schizophrenia, and PTSD.
The world of CanaQuest
CanaQuest Medical Corp is focused on the development of proprietary research and products utilising cannabis oil combined with other botanical and nutraceutical extracts, including algae oil. Positive data from their research and pre-clinical trials have demonstrated that their strategy is achieving meaningful results. The company has a number of patentable product formulations developed in conjunction with teams at Western University and the University of Waterloo, Canada.
Because of the Medical cannabis formulations derived from it can make a difference to people living with a host of ailments, including mental health issues, cancer, pain, nausea, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, osteoarthritis, and more, and it has enabled patients to limit or eliminate their use of powerful narcotic drugs such as opioids, CanaQuest research is focused on the development of novel medical cannabis formulations and pharmacotherapies for mental health, and the mitigation of the spread of cancerous tumours.
Marketing and Sales
Our extremally experienced US Branding and Marketing team has been selected and our execution plan is in place to roll our first CBD formulated – science backed products – providing market development strategies to build sales in the food, nutrition and vitamin & dietary supplement industries. Presently, the company is in discussions with Licensed Producers/Processors in Canada and USA for processing and distribution domestically and globally.
We are ready to build or white label CanaQuest e-commerce website in anticipation of obtaining a Health Canada Sales License this year.
Supply, Processing and Bioavailability
Our US CBD supplier and future processor (partner) of our formulated products has a capability to produce medical grade liquid CBD oil that is water soluble, tasteless, with improved bioavailability (ideal for beverages).
CanaQuest Medical Corp formulations may have significant potential applications in the treatment of anxiety, addiction, depression, schizophrenia, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and will form a strong foundation to continue to seek other applications through our Sponsored Research Programs.
Dr Blay and the research on botanical oils
Dr Blay’s research group applies a range of techniques in molecular and cellular biology to understand cell behaviour and how the action of existing anticancer drugs are affected by the unique physiology of the cancer.
Dr Jonathan Blay, PhD, University of Waterloo:
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine;
- Professor of Pharmacy (Waterloo);
- Professor of Pathology (Dalhousie);
- Senior Scientist of the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute (BHCRI);
- Member of the Institute for Comparative Cancer Investigation; and
- Member of the Canadian Association of Pharmacists in Oncology (CAPhO).
The goal is to perform fundamental cancer related research on botanical oils and their constituents which will carry out studies relating to the cellular safety and known cancer related potential of components within the oils.
Dr. Steve Laviolette, BSc, phD, University of western Ontario:
- ph.D. Universtiy of Toronto
- B.Sc. University of Toronto
- Addiction research group
- Department of anatomy and cell biology
- Department of phychiatry and Canadian institute for military and veterans Health research
Quotes by Dr. Steve Laviolette
“The clinical implications and commercial potential for this product are highly significant.”
“Furthermore, since cannabis is commonly prescribed for a host of ailments, including pain, nausea, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, osteoarthritis, our formulation will again be hugely significant for the non-mental health patient sectors as well.”
“We are making rapid progress on this project and are already working out the precise molecular mechanisms underlying modes of action of this unique formulation. I was amazed at how effective this formulation is.”
Dr. Laviolettes’s Research Interests
Dr. Laviolette’s research interests explore the interface between neurobiology, psychology and emotion by using an integrative combination of in vivo neuronal electrophysiology and behavioral neuropharmacology. At the general level, Dr. Laviolette is interested in exploring the neurobiological mechanisms that control how the brain processes emotionally salient information and how disturbances in these basic neural processes may lead to disorders such as addiction and schizophrenia.
Based on studies, research and anecdotal data, CanaQuest recognizes that cannabis is very effective for mental and physical ailments. CanaQuest’s target markets are as follows:
- Existing and past patients/consumers of cannabis (THC) who took it for their respective ailment and had an acute negative affect (30% + of the market). Our formulations increase the comfort level of THC treatment and provides the opportunity to bring back past medicinal cannabis patients and consumers.
- Cannabis patients/consumers who want THC based cannabis treatment that are prone to acute negative psychotic effects of high consumption of THC.
- Cannabis patients/consumers who want safe CBD based cannabis treatment for their respective ailments that is backed by science.
Working with Dr. Steve Laviolette (scientific veteran with over 13 years of experience of research in the field of mental health and cannabis) as an industry partner with Western University and their dedicated scientific team of 12 scientists gives us a tremendous competitive advantage compared to sporadic publicly disclosed research in this area. The completed pre-clinical trials at the Western University lab indicate very promising results.
Intellectual Property Protection
- THC based Provisional Patent filed with protection against negative effects of acute and long-term intake of THC
- Nutraceutical Product – Companion Product (formulation without THC)
- FORMULATED to prevent negative effects of acute and long-term intake of THC.
Combined 100 years of experience in management, design/process, commercialisation, product development, accounting/CFO, and sales.